Permanent Hair Removal at Home
Permanent Hair Removal at Home
Unwanted, excess hair is one of the common issues women face in the modern world. Hair on the feet, face, armpits, and hands are simply growing back whenever you attempt to remove it. Pretty redundant, isn’t it? Before we deal this kind of problem by simply going to the clinic and performing hair removal procedure we might think about home solutions. With the advancement of technology, there are many ways in which you can perform permanent hair removal at home.
Below are some common permanent hair removal at home procedures which achieve excellent results:
Laser Hair Removal
Lasers are beneficial for removing unwanted hairs in your face, legs, underarms, and your bikini line. It is very precise in getting rid of coarse hair while leaving your skin undamaged. Laser pulse can only take a fraction of a second and can treat specific are in just seconds. Removal of the hair at the back usually takes just an hour. Another benefit of laser permanent hair removal at home is that after a few sessions, hair follicles will get damaged does causing permanent hair loss. One of the best home solutions offered is the Tria laser hair removal which is a great hair removal system.
How to Perform Laser Permanent Hair Removal at Home
Tria laser is a kind of at home hair removal treatment that has diode laser beams. The beams emit light heat on the follicles so it will get damaged. It has three settings, low to high, the highest setting provides the most heat but it is very effective. Then move the device over your skin in a continuous motion – it’s as simple as this.
- Numb the area with ice before and after the treatment if there is burning in the treated area. Do not use numbing creams because Tria laser is weaker compared to those in clinics. It may even interfere with the effectiveness of the laser.
- Shave as closely as possible. This will make the treatment more effective. Work slowly. This is to make sure that the area has been fully treated.
- Do not buy used Tria hair removal system because the laser can only be charged at about 250 times.
IPL Hair Removal
IPL or Intense Pulsed Light hair removal is a medical hair removal treatment that uses high energy beam of light that transfer the energy to the area you want unwanted hairs be removed. This light heats up the base of the hair follicle which causes the cells that produces hair growth to get damaged. When enough damage is done, expect to achieve permanent hair removal.
IPL accurately targets hair follicles because of the specific wavelength or color of light that is generated by the device. Certain filters are used to target the flashes of light so they can work as precise as lasers. IPL has the same benefits as a laser treatment has only that IPL can be used at home and the device is widely available in drug stores or hair treatment shops. For performing IPL at home, Remington i-Light Pro is the best one to use.
How to Perform IPL Permanent hair removal at home
Remington i-Light Pro for example uses the same method as IPL are in clinics only that it’s a bit weaker. You don’t need the same clinic preparation when performing home IPL. The light travels through the skin and it targets the area where the most melanin is found, in the hair’s roots. Light energy will then be converted into heat energy to damage the hair follicle.
- IPL works better on dark hair; therefore expect better results when your hair is black or brown. Dark-colored skin should not use IPL because it targets dark melanin, where it has a lot of it in dark-colored skin. A skin sensor will test if you fail or pass within the safe range.
- Recovery is immediate, you can return to usual tasks after the treatment.
- Your skin may appear dark after the treatment. It will fade but it could take months to completely disappear.
- Pain and discomfort varies from a personal tolerance, sensitivity of the skin, and the area being treated. There are levels in which you can adjust depending on your needs. Highest energy means better results.
- It is recommended to perform three treatments in the first month, each spaced weeks apart, and then after that, use only when it is needed. This is because hair grows in different cycles and they aren’t all on the same stage at any given time.
Sugaring hair removal is an ancient middle-eastern practice which uses a paste or gel derived from foods like sugar, water, and lemon juice to remove hair follicles from the roots. It is also called sugar waxing because the procedure is similar to waxing.
Frequent sugaring can cause the hair follicle to get damaged and stop growing. However, making your own paste at home can be quite tricky because you need to get the right paste to hold the hair, and lack of knowledge can cause disaster so make sure you know what you are doing.
How to perform sugaring at home
You can either buy a sugaring kit or make your own sugar paste using all natural ingredients. When making your own paste, ensure that it has the right consistency to pull a hair.
2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice or 2 lemons juiced
1/4 cup water
Combine the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Heat the mixture in low heat for 2 to 5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
Clean the area to have sugaring performed then dry thoroughly. Dust the area with cornstarch or powder to draw out moisture.
Spread a thin layer of sugaring hair removal mixture in the area using a depressor. Lay a strip of fabric on top and press down, while rubbing the opposite direction of hair growth. Run your finger to the strip to make sure all your hair stick to the fabric.
Grab the strip of the fabric then pull it quickly against the direction of hair growth. Discard then repeat the steps on each area where you want unwanted hairs removed.
- You can store leftover sugaring mixture in a tub or jar. Heat the solution for a few minutes when you need to use the solution again
- Use a fabric strip that is made from natural cotton like your old shirt or sheet. Try using a spatula or the back of the spoon if you don’t have a tongue depressor with you.
- Sugaring is painful at first but doing this frequently will make it more tolerable.
Waxing is a simple and affordable way to get rid of unwanted hair. It uses a resin-based wax to remove the entire hair follicle from the root.
It is fast, can be done at home, and your temporary waxing procedure can become permanent because frequent waxing can damage the hair follicle.
However, you need to be hairy before you can perform a waxing procedure. Results vary but typically it can keep an area hair-free for up to 6 weeks. You also need proper knowledge on how waxing can be performed.
How to perform waxing
Waxing is similar to sugaring. First you need to buy your own waxing kit, a recommended waxing kit is Bliss Poetic At-Home Hair Removal kit. This hair removal kit costs only $48 but is one of the best at-home waxing kit.
Heat the aromatic, dark-blue wax for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the wax has dissolved.
Apply the solution to the affected area using a spatula or a depressor then place a fabric strip.
Press the fabric strip to make sure all your hairs are attached to the wax, wait for the wax to harden.
When it’s hard enough, pull the hair against the direction of its growth. Do it quickly or this will be very painful.
Repeat the process until the part is clean of unwanted hairs. Clean up messed hair then remove wax off skin with wax remover or petroleum jelly.
Apply after wax lotion or aloe based lotion afterwards to soothe skin.
- Test a small amount of wax before putting it in your skin to make sure it is not too warm.
- Waxing will be painful, take aspirin or ibupropen 30 minutes before waxing and you can also apply a numbing spray to alleviate the pain.
This are the best ways for Permanent Hair Removal at Home. Try it and share your experience with us